What phone do you own?

vans

• Admin

Hello there!

Plain and simple thread! There are an epic fight around The Internet between Android phones vs. iOS phones. I'm kind of the second group here! I do own an iPhone XS, and I've just bought an iPhone 13 Pro for my mum, as she owns a Huawei, but she's always having problems of capacity, and perfomance since years.

So currently, my phone is this one:

refurb-iphone-xs-spacegray?wid=2000&hei=

Bought it 2 years and a half ago, and it works as new. No lag, and I didn't ever had any issue. I'm super happy with it (worst thing: the pricing). But I'm mostly certain that I'll keep buying a new iPhone once this one is 'destroyed'. Hopefully my current phone will last another 2,5 years (a total of 5 years). Most likely I'll have to change the battery at some point (although now, after 2.5 years, its battery is 82% health and working really well, to be honest).

Now, what phone do you own?

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20. Pretty happy with it because the screen size is perfect, the 120Hz refresh rate is lovely, and the phone runs really well. Only issue for me is that the battery could be a bit better. 

I'll probably move over and try out an iPhone for the first time when it's time for a new phone.

• Admin
On 12/17/2021 at 3:59 PM, Ash said:

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20. Pretty happy with it because the screen size is perfect, the 120Hz refresh rate is lovely, and the phone runs really well. Only issue for me is that the battery could be a bit better. 

I'll probably move over and try out an iPhone for the first time when it's time for a new phone.

Did you find a really notable difference with the 120Hz refresh rate? I've just bought an iPhone 13 Pro for my mum's Santa, and I won't be able to test it for another week hehe; it also has a 120Hz refresh rate, and wanted to know if you know a more smoothly taste.

23 hours ago, Empire said:

I own for the last year now a very good smartphone that you get all the bells and balls and yet the price is cheap for what I get with the phone. I have Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 

Xiaomi's are awesome as per all my friend's feedback, I'm sure it was a cool quality-price decision as long as it lasts for some years more :classic_happy:

Yeah, it's a huge difference for me. It's just a lot smoother and you notice it quite a bit on social media sites like Reddit and Twitter where you just keep scrolling down. The best thing to do is to use 120Hz then switch back to 60 after a while. That's when you'll notice how much of a difference it made.

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, JoyFreak said:

I have a red iPhone 10. A bit outdated and would love to get my hands on the 13 but too expensive atm and my provider doesn't offer anything in my price range. May have to wait a little longer till I can pick it up.

Do you mind asking what offers do your providers usually give to you as customer? Here in Spain Vodafone used to give a 50% deal offer, only if you ATTEMPT to leave the company to another one. But it's been 2 years since that worked; now they barely give you any offer but to finance it with 0% fees in 24-36 months (being of course attached to the company that long as well).

Also: I don't really think your iPhone X is outdated! I think it can last another year or two more to be fair :classic_tongue:

Xiaomi's are good, I mean we all know where they are from and at times you think to yourself - RIght, can we trust them :P But I had mine for a while now and I'm very happy with the results and paid around £260 and what you get the price is amazing. 

long-lasting battery life with 120hz screen with the backend camera at 108 megapixel Xd 

On 12/19/2021 at 5:41 PM, vans said:

Do you mind asking what offers do your providers usually give to you as customer? Here in Spain Vodafone used to give a 50% deal offer, only if you ATTEMPT to leave the company to another one. But it's been 2 years since that worked; now they barely give you any offer but to finance it with 0% fees in 24-36 months (being of course attached to the company that long as well).

Also: I don't really think your iPhone X is outdated! I think it can last another year or two more to be fair :classic_tongue:

They don't really offer that much tbh. I mean I could try the 'leaving' routine but no idea if that would work. They are pretty tight. I'm currently with 3. Yeah, the iPhone X itself is pretty new, I've looked after it and it does its job :)

• Admin
9 hours ago, Empire said:

Xiaomi's are good, I mean we all know where they are from and at times you think to yourself - RIght, can we trust them :P But I had mine for a while now and I'm very happy with the results and paid around £260 and what you get the price is amazing. 

long-lasting battery life with 120hz screen with the backend camera at 108 megapixel Xd 

Indeed they are!

This new iPhone 13 Pro has something funny: when the view experience requires 120Hz (IE: If you're playing games, or scrolling really fast), the iPhone will go 120Hz. If you are static, and reading for example Twitter, or even browsing eprotv, the iPhone will adapt back to 60Hz (as you don't really need to be using 120Hz on that scenario), or 90Hz, or whatever the phone needs.

This had a problematic on my mind: what if the iPhone fails to read certain scenarios? Its battery would be a waste. But apparently, as I've seen on The Internet, it works really amazing! I can't wait for Christmas to arrive and check my new Mum's phone to test it :D

1 hour ago, JoyFreak said:

They don't really offer that much tbh. I mean I could try the 'leaving' routine but no idea if that would work. They are pretty tight. I'm currently with 3. Yeah, the iPhone X itself is pretty new, I've looked after it and it does its job :)

-Dish-, that's really bad. I guess it's not their fault though, but more of the "phone's brand company" fault, as they don't really do such discounts to phone companies any more.

On 12/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, vans said:

Indeed they are!

This new iPhone 13 Pro has something funny: when the view experience requires 120Hz (IE: If you're playing games, or scrolling really fast), the iPhone will go 120Hz. If you are static, and reading for example Twitter, or even browsing eprotv, the iPhone will adapt back to 60Hz (as you don't really need to be using 120Hz on that scenario), or 90Hz, or whatever the phone needs.

This had a problematic on my mind: what if the iPhone fails to read certain scenarios? Its battery would be a waste. But apparently, as I've seen on The Internet, it works really amazing! I can't wait for Christmas to arrive and check my new Mum's phone to test it :D

-Dish-, that's really bad. I guess it's not their fault though, but more of the "phone's brand company" fault, as they don't really do such discounts to phone companies any more.

Well,  I think they are the cheapest option but they suck in terms of service. Like I've been with 3 because they are cheaper but their signal is awful in most places. I'm thinking of moving to EE or O2.

Yeah, just found out that my phone will be two years in March 2022 so I'll probably look into changing my phone then. At the moment, it's looking like the iPhone 13 Pro will be my first choice so the fact you and your mum likes it is a good sign