Download or buy?

ZandraJoi

Do you prefer to download a game or buy the DVD? We prefer buying the DVD because then we have the physical copy. It’s very useful for when you lose your internet but would still like to pass the time with a game. Plus, from our experience, if the website goes out of business, we still have the copy. Unfortunately, there was one game I TRULY loved. Skip-Bo Castaway Caper. Years ago, when we upgraded our computer, I tried to play it & it wouldn’t play. I emailed customer support but the game was no longer available. I still miss that game lol I did find a place where you can play it online, however, you need to start over from the beginning each & every time. Bummer!

I prefer the physical copy because I just like having the box for the game especially since there are still a few games where you can get some added bonuses like Rockstar does with GTA and RDR. It's not much but getting the map for the game is quite cool. Always help with games you're not sure about since you can just return it.

I love having physical Items because you have it forever 

as with buying online you don't own it when the company goes offline or  closes down you loose all the content that you brought or got 
not that it happens often but it can that one disadvantage of owning digital copies of anything 

I prefer to own the actual item in a physical copy, since there have been a bunch of examples with movies/songs, where you purchased them but then later the store losses right to share/sell it, and then it just disappears from your account without a credit or anything. 

Well, You have to buy it before you are able to download the game :P 

Nowadays I just have everything streamed or downloaded games :) digital downloads. that's how things are, isn't it?  But before I had super good internet, I always buy it on DVD, dsics ;) ANd I still got allot of them til this day.