What do you think about Steam?

tRv56

In my opinion its the best platform supporting games, and to buy and play games. i don't think other platforms like origin or epic games are close to it

ive also heard that Amazon was planning on launching one (as per the Twitch leak of previous months).

• Admin

Steam is for sure the best one. It's years ahead the competitors.

What is interested is what you've mentioned of the Twitch Leak, I see you've created another topic (let's discuss about this there: 

But yeah, steam is really awesome. Most of the games uses their platform and it's going to be hard for the competitors to beat them. 

I use most all platforms, Steam si my number one regards biggest game library and it is better system, then Epic games for other things like free games or maybe get games at a better price point. Epic is far better for deals and whatnot but they have a crazy client software and only buy one game at a time at checkout. 

• Admin
On 12/27/2021 at 6:12 PM, JoyFreak said:

I love using Steam. I like that it stores all your games in place and keeps it under your account so you can go back and play whenever.

Exactly! And not only that, but you can share your library with "family" - you can configure in steam to share games with another player, as long as you are not playing he will be able to test the games. This is extremely useful, because if you are having second thoughts in buying a game or not, and a friend of yours have that game, you can ask him (if you are in trust with him) to share it with you so you can test it while he's offline.

On 12/28/2021 at 1:00 PM, Empire said:

I use most all platforms, Steam si my number one regards biggest game library and it is better system, then Epic games for other things like free games or maybe get games at a better price point. Epic is far better for deals and whatnot but they have a crazy client software and only buy one game at a time at checkout. 

Yeah, Epic is trying to promote their platform (they're doing this for years) by offering free games weekly and nice deals. Worst thing is that you cannot play with other platform players who also own that game. The easiest example is GTA V, it's available in both Steam and Epic, but Steam players play with Steam players, and Epic with Epic. You cannot do cross-platform plays.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vans said:

Exactly! And not only that, but you can share your library with "family" - you can configure in steam to share games with another player, as long as you are not playing he will be able to test the games. This is extremely useful, because if you are having second thoughts in buying a game or not, and a friend of yours have that game, you can ask him (if you are in trust with him) to share it with you so you can test it while he's offline.

Yeah, Epic is trying to promote their platform (they're doing this for years) by offering free games weekly and nice deals. Worst thing is that you cannot play with other platform players who also own that game. The easiest example is GTA V, it's available in both Steam and Epic, but Steam players play with Steam players, and Epic with Epic. You cannot do cross-platform plays.

Yeah, this is true. I also like that you can share your details with friends and be able to play the same game. I used to use my friend's bothers account and we used to play together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Admin
On 12/30/2021 at 5:36 PM, JoyFreak said:

Yeah, this is true. I also like that you can share your details with friends and be able to play the same game. I used to use my friend's bothers account and we used to play together.

That's right, even if you are playing using your friend's shared details, you can play with other friends. But still, sharing a game only has the purpose of "liking the game and thus buying it yourself" :P

On 1/3/2022 at 9:52 PM, Ash said:

I had no idea that Steam offered that feature too. The PlayStation has that and it's honestly such a cool thing that you can effectively share games with friends and family

Yeah. I've tried for instance Rust (in computer) on steam, and I liked it so much I purchased it. Thing is the game was €35 and I wanted to try it out first before buying it (even if I can refund it, it's a step that I wouldn't like to do if I can avoid it)