Unofficial Controllers

Ash

• Admin

When I had the Play Station 4, I used always official controllers (as when I bought the console, I had one official, then I bought a second one to be able to play with my friends). Now, I sold the console along with the controllers few years ago.

I'm playing FIFA 21 in computer now, and I'm using a unofficial controller, and so far so good. But to be honest, the official ones seems to be more smooth and gives a better experience. So unless you're a mess breaking controllers, I highly recommend having official ones :classic_happy:

On 12/19/2021 at 5:38 PM, vans said:

When I had the Play Station 4, I used always official controllers (as when I bought the console, I had one official, then I bought a second one to be able to play with my friends). Now, I sold the console along with the controllers few years ago.

I'm playing FIFA 21 in computer now, and I'm using a unofficial controller, and so far so good. But to be honest, the official ones seems to be more smooth and gives a better experience. So unless you're a mess breaking controllers, I highly recommend having official ones :classic_happy:

Yeah, definitely. I think FIFA players know a lot about raging at the game so for those that throw their controllers at the wall, they might want to stick with the unofficial ones lol. 

I think the official ones are even more important for the PS5 now because of the fancy features it comes with.

23 hours ago, JoyFreak said:

I've never really got an unofficial one so to speak. I always seem to have the official ones that come with the console and they last a very good while if looked after.

That's good to hear. The majority of my controllers have lasted a very long time as well except for the occasional drift issue with the thumbsticks.

Fortunately for me, Amazon will replace the controller within a certain period of time even after the warranty expires.

20 hours ago, Ash said:

That's good to hear. The majority of my controllers have lasted a very long time as well except for the occasional drift issue with the thumbsticks.

Fortunately for me, Amazon will replace the controller within a certain period of time even after the warranty expires.

Amazon do that, do they? I might look at other options if I need to. Although, I have had some issues with the charging port of the PS4 controller in the past but that's because when I have people over they sometimes yank it out. 

• 1 month later...

I have attempted to use 3rd party controllers for my PlayStation in the past, but the times I have attempted to use these types of controllers I always experience issues. In all honesty, when I use a 3rd party controller, I've noticed that the controller coordination is off on the games I play compared with an official PlayStation controller. Getting a 3rd party controller is basically me attempting to learn the game all over again. I will continue to stick with official gaming controllers.